Friday, January 30, 2009
He seems to be a little grassier on the left side though.
I always have a lot to be thankful for. Only for some reason when I do this I keep it simple.
What are you all thankful for?
This week I am Thankful for:
1. The husband
3. Hope (not in a hope and change kind of way, but in my own way)
4. The ability to be creative and thrifty
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
I said to Kevin last night..."I am not doing anything that I am supposed to be doing and I am happy with it." He said, "OK" :)
So, I will start getting back to normal maybe tomorrow. Cheryl, I promise I haven't forgotten about your special prize. It is almost done!
No news on the job front yet. We are praying hard over here.
One last thing....Valentine's Day is coming up. Don't slack and buy something at the last minute!
Show your Mother or special lady that you LOVE her and give her a heart shaped SHELL WREATH. She will think of the ocean and you every time she sees it. It just so happens that I specialize in these so it's your lucky day!!!
Do the right thing.
Friday, January 23, 2009
You all know Kevin has been looking for jobs for quite some time.
We are hoping and praying that this one will work out and if not, lead us to something that will.
That said, we hope everyone has a great, relaxing and fun weekend.
See you Monday
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Here is something to do. I got this idea from Annechovie's blog.
I am supposed to bold the foods I have tried and cross out the ones I would never try. Turns out I don't know how to cross out, so I will star the ones I would never eat!
Kevin and I loooove food, as I am sure most people do. We watch a lot of food shows and our current favorite is Man VS. Food. You should watch it. It's great fun.
Above photo - Fried Green Tomatoes. Picked from Granny's garden, fried by husband.
The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile (Alligator tail?)
6. Black pudding* (not sure I would ever try this)
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O (jello shots)
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects* (No thanks)
43. Phaal (apparently very spicy - go Adam!)
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
47. Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
53. Abalone* (maybe if I were drunk)
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips
62. Sweetbreads* (not sure I would eat this...not what it seems! google it)
65. Durian (I was so close to doing this on Hollywood Beach!)
66. Frogs’ legs* (not very interested)
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost or brunost
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare* (I have had too many pet rabbits)
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano*
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
OK, I learned a lot from this.
Tell me if you've eaten any of this stuff!
I can't believe I have never had a McDonald's Big Mac Meal...
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
We are heading over to the West Coast to hang with Brittany and Travis.
The boys will be getting in some much needed fishing and the girls will be discussing the 1st book of our new founded book club!
We are reading The Shack.
See you Monday.
This week I am THANKFUL for:
1. My husband
2. The glorious 3 day weekend
3. Corona light
4. The cold weather. We are so lucky to live in Florida right now!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Here they are:
Mom and I working on the last "parts"
Some detail for the monkey tail
Albert can be pretty ghetto sometimes so we wanted his monkey to represent that
Friday, January 9, 2009
I hope everyone has a wonderful and long weekend.
Today I am going to the dentist...sigh.
It is in downtown Ft. Lauderdale.
Here is a picture of Ft. Lauderdale that I took from the 8th floor in a client's building. Maybe I will find some more photo opps today on my way down there.
See you Monday!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Monday, January 5, 2009