Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Food Inspired

Yesterday I was inspired while looking at some of my regular blogs.

I was FOOD inspired! Meg at Whatever had this delicious dessert recipe posted and I thought, 'hey Cheryl, you have most of those ingredients....make that!'

So I wrote it down and got to work.


3 WHOLE Delicious sticks of butter. Paula Deen would be so proud.

Got my apples.
Made the flour, sugar, butter combination all crumbly like she said.


Pressed 1/2 of that mixture into my pan.


Peeled and cut my apples.

Sprinkled my sugar, cinnamon combination on top. I cheated a little and added some brown sugar too ;)
Covered the apples with the remaining flour crumble mixture and baked at 350 for 50 min.

And WA LA! I did not have the confectioner's sugar for the icing but no need to worry, these non-glazed apple bars were so sweet and delicious.

Husband and I ate them until we felt sick lol. I will bring the rest home to the family this weekend.


Thanks for sharing the recipe Meg!!

3 comments:

  1. I love Meg's cooking, family, photography, decorating, and dog! Her blog is the cuest! Have you seen her rainbow cake? How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's definitely one of my favorites. I love her house too!

    ReplyDelete