Friday, January 29, 2010

Pirates

Are invading Tampa Bay for Gasparilla tomorrow. Too bad they don't have Jack Sparrow on their crew...

Anyway, Husband and I saw the pirates invade downtown the other day. They politely asked the mayor to hand over the city and she politely said, "I'll do it for beads".
Just kidding.

So tomorrow they come to town and give us beads and show us a parade. Should be fun - I have only been once but it seems to be a real big deal around here! I love pirates!!




I can't believe our mayor negotiates with pirates...


2 comments:

  1. how fun? bet there is some nautical stuff for sale at this event :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl!

    It's fun to see another post on Gasparilla. This is a fun celebration and Tampa tradition. Both of my brothers are in YMKG. They have had a lot of fun over the years. Hopefully the rain will stay away tomorrow...

    Have a great time! And get lots of beads!!!
    Jane (artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete