Thursday, October 7, 2010

Baker's Pie

Last weekend my family came up from Ft. Lauderdale to see Husband and I. We had so much fun, I can't wait until they live closer.

One of the first things my mom and I did was bake a couple of pies in honor of my Grandma Baker. We went with apple of course ;)
My grandmother gave me a few tips in the last couple of years about pie baking...she also gave me an apple corer and her rolling pin. I had a great time working my mom on these pies and an even better time eating them!


Mom did all the apples because I had to run out at the last minute and buy flour for the crust. That's how I do things...







The crust came out well...I will tell you, there is quite a difference in making the crust in FL versus Michigan. (See the rolling pin?)



Mix it up girls.

One of the finished pies. Delicious. We put sugar on both the crusts but on one of them we also added cinnamon. That was a good idea.



Have a great Thursday everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I admire someone who puts the effort into homemade crust. I use the cheato variety and doctor it up. Nice way to remember your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet way to honor her, & keep her close to your hearts. Those utensils will tell stories of your pies too someday.

    Peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete