Monday, September 6, 2010

For Baker

This last week has been a tough one. Our Grandma Baker passed away at the age of 89.

She has not been well for quite some time now and I am glad she is able to go home to God. However, she is greatly missed. She taught me a lot and she had a great sense of humor. I will have to bake a pie soon in her honor. I love you Baker.

This is my mother and her mother - my Grandma Baker.
2 Years ago





We have also been celebrating as well...my Grandma Kroncke is 90 years old this month! We were able to see her this past weekend along with lots of family that we do not get to see often. Happy Birthday Grandma! We love you.

One last thing - Congratulations to our friends Jen and Alan who were married Sunday in Lakeland, FL. Their wedding was beautiful. Husband and I were honored to share that special time of their lives with them.
They are now on their honeymoon in Costa Rica and I hope they are having the time of their lives.

3 comments:

  1. Cheryl,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. For me, the only thing that stinks about getting older (I'm 52) is losing your elders. Enjoy your pie.

    Take good care,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. How poignant to say goodbye to one, & Happy Birthday to the other. Baking a pie is a lovely way to honor your dear grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your very kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete