Monday, September 27, 2010

Grandad Gower

We have recently had more sad news in our family. Husband's Grandfather passed away last week at the age of 91. I am thankful to have gotten to know Grandad a bit since we have been married. I knew him to be very patient, kind and humorous. He served our Country and taught preschoolers in Sunday school for 60 years.

Grandad and Grandmom were married for 64 years. What a blessing. I hope and pray that husband and I will be able to enjoy this life together for that long.

You are loved and missed Grandad.



3 comments:

  1. :( so sorry for your loss... thank goodness they got to spend so much time together. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not looking forward to the day when I lose my grandfather. I hope that goes without saying, but he has been like a father to me in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear. How sad to lose another special family member in such a short time.

    ReplyDelete