Monday, March 14, 2011

Strawberry Festival 2011

Hey folks! Hope your weekend was enjoyable. Ours definitely was.
We had great weather for the last day of the Plant City Strawberry Festival.




We went with our friends Matt and Sarah. And we tried as much greasy food as we could handle!

First - fried cheese.

Not too bad but not too great either...


Matt and Sarah pose for the camera.


Then we caught the pig races. I don't know why but it's pretty hilarious to watch pigs race.

These guys were pretty cute.





There they go...
And the pot bellied pigs were the last to race.
Don't be fooled here people...they were taking their time for sure.


Kevin and I picked #1 as the winner before the "race" started. He really looked like he would be first until the very last second, when #2 trotted right past him to the finish line. Personally I feel that the race was rigged.




Husband, Sarah, Matt.


We also decided it was about time to try the Krispy Kreme Burger.


As you can see - there is nothing that is not completely delicious included in this burger.

Husband added the fried egg option. And why not? If you're gonna eat this kind of heart attack special, you may as well go all the way.



I think he is praying that this burger doesn't destroy his heart.


Then we went to see the cows. They were being judged on their breeding qualities.



Last, we had to try to win a fish.
Matt and Sarah really gave it their all.


And they won 4 fish!

I won 1 fish... but he is a good one. I can feel it!

So, we had a great time at the fair as usual. We saw lots of interesting people and things. We ate awesome chocolate covered strawberries and we bought a flat of them on out way out. I'm so happy to be a Floridian.

Have a great Monday everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Cheryl..
    Me too!!
    even if I happen to be currently residing in Denvewr Colorado!!
    but before sunset tomorrow, I'll be back in my element..
    sunshine, surf, sand = THE BEACH!!
    ahhhhhh!
    warmest hugs..
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl, I'm your newest follower and love your products! My favorite is the frame pictured on your blog (the square framed in blue shells with a starfish on the corner). Do you have any more of those to sell? Thanks! Erin

    ReplyDelete