Monday, November 14, 2011

Pumpkin Waffles

It's that time of year again. Time for foods made with pumpkin! These waffles are delicious and I say, why have regular waffles when you can have pumpkin waffles?
The recipe is here . I didn't make the cider syrup but I don't see where that would be a bad idea ;)

I like to use an actual pumpkin whenever possible.
I cut off the top and then cut it into quarters. Then scoop out the seeds and throw it in a pot on the stove. Boil it for about 20 minutes and then scrape out your cooked pumpkin.


This is what it looks like.
Of course you can buy a can of pumpkin puree if you'd like to make your life easier.

Separate your eggs.

Stir up your dry ingredients.

Mix in your wet ingredients.

Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form (this takes forever).

Then dump your dry ingredients right into your wet ones.

Mix that up a bit and add the egg whites.

Gently fold them until they are incorporated.

Pour them into your waffle iron and they will come out looking like this.
Absolutely marvelous!

This is one of our favorite recipes with pumpkin. But there are so many delicious pumpkin dishes out there. We will try them out and let you know which ones are worthy of trying. Have a perfect evening everyone!

1 comment:

  1. this looks so good, I can't see myself ever following through but i might show it to my hubs and have him whip it up!

    ReplyDelete