Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo

If you haven't been to this zoo - go! Husband and I hadn't been since college so we were excited to see what was new.
We saw everything possible and I fed and pet everyone I could. We also took a safari ride and got a different view of some of the more exotic animals.


I think feeding the giraffe was my favorite.


That's my hand.
I really think we could be friends.


I always hit up the petting zoo's too.


This is Husband's favorite - the Okapi. He looks like a cross between a horse, a zebra and a giraffe but he is most closely related to the giraffe. See his long tongue?

We saw penguins...
Meerkats

Wallabies


And lots of monkeys




We spent about an hour watching the orangutans. They are an interesting family.
Here is the father.


This is one of the adult females.


Here she is with her baby. There was another female with a young kid and she did not like this lady monkey. She took all her things and threw them in the water. All of the girls watching were so upset with her.


We saw some very interesting birds.



And I pet the stingrays!





Definitely one of my favorite things to do.




This guy was so funny. He put all this hay on his head and then he couldn't get it off!




There were so many things to see and do at Lowry Park Zoo. We didn't see any of the shows because there were so many animals to see but we plan to do it all eventually. Have a terrific Tuesday everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Quality Husband/Wife time - awesome! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice zoo to take the kids too. I also like all the concerts they do on the property - so fun. You didn't get your pic riding the elephant :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I don't have any photos of the elephants! There was so much to see that we did miss a few things. Guess we'll have to go back :)

    ReplyDelete