Monday, January 30, 2012

A Trip to Fort Lauderdale

We went to Fort Lauderdale this weekend in order to find the perfect Bridal Shower location for the little sister. We had much luck! And we were able to stay in the condo on the beach again. We are so fortunate to be able to have this place right on the water...I can't wait to go back!

I also took the opportunity to play with my camera.

I love Florida.


Teresa lookin' pretty.


This will be me in March ;)


I stood in front of this gate for about 5 minutes thinking I was locked out.
Turns out someone had propped it open with a rock....pay attention Cheryl!


I always called this sawgrass but my awesome book - Florida's Living Beaches - calls this Saltmeadow Cordgrass.
Pretty.


I practiced nighttime photos on the balcony. I had a beautiful subject to work with.


Out the front door and from the 10th floor.




The next morning I looked for shells. Don't worry. I found lots!





It was a stormy day yesterday.



I think there was a Mrs after this heart at some point but it was gone when I got there.






On our way home across Alligator Alley - all the gators were sunbathing. We saw at least a hundred of these guys. I made Husband stop so we could take pictures like tourists.

This is our gator we got from the zoo. He is a lot smaller than the real thing.




4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! You should be famous!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great pictures. I love your night time shots and that little gator is ADORABLE. Congrats to your sis on the wedding!
    xx
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the things you make with your shells, but I keep coming back because I am sooooo homesick for Florida!! I love seeing the photos you post, they bring some sunshine to my gloomy Kentucky day!! (I was raised in Fort Lauderdale, can't wait to move back!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale as well. My parent's and sisters are still there but I am trying to get them over to the West Coast by me real soon. Thanks for looking at my blog and thanks for the wonderful compliments girls!

    ReplyDelete