Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Our Super Awesome Weekend

Wow, I don't understand why I am allowed to have such a great life. I have the best family, the best friends and the best husband in the world. The only word I can come up with to describe last weekend, and most of my days honestly, is - blessed.

First, on Saturday, we went to the Plant City Strawberry Festival with these people:
Our great friends who feel that their faces do not frequent this blog enough!


We saw strawberries and ate strawberries.

This was a strawberry napoleon..?? Not sure about the spelling or the name here but it was good.
We had fried pickles and mushrooms - SO good.


We tried to win fish. But you all know how those things are set up...


We saw something we hadn't yet seen in our lives...

This is what they are looking at:
I can't believe this. It's like hamsters.

We saw momma cows and baby cows.






And when we thought we had seen all the fried food possible, we came across this:

It actually looks delicious to me!


And this! Bacon dipped in chocolate - pretty good but I would be fine with one or the other.

And then - the mac daddy of them all - fried butter and any kind of fried candy bar you fancy.
Of course by this time we were too full and out of money to try any of these things;)

And then, I had no clue about the next event for our Saturday evening. Husband told me to get dressed up real fancy, that he wanted to take me to a nice dinner because we haven't had a "date" in a while. So I thought this was pretty normal considering my birthday is this week.

So we went to dinner at a place called FLY. It was the most delicious meal I have had in a loooooong time. Then the couple next to us asked me, "Why are you all so dressed up, are you going to see Michael Buble?" And I said, "No, well, I don't think so...husband?!"

And Husband said, "Yes, we are!" What a surprise. I had wanted to go but the tickets were sold out when I checked. It turns out, Husband and my Dad pulled some strings together and got us some great seats. See? The only word to describe my life is BLESSED!




P.S. Happy St. Patricks Day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment