Monday, September 19, 2011

Most Magical Weekend Ever!

Great things happened this weekend. First - my baby sister became engaged!!!! We have all been looking forward to this for some time and now it's here. I can't wait to see my sister and her Fiance, Travis start their new life together. They are a beautiful and super fun couple! Congratulations Brittany and Travis!!!

And then on Saturday night my friend Cheryl had a baby girl, Scarlett! She is 9 pounds and super cute. Congratulations Cheryl, Tommy and Angelina on your new addition!!

Here I am with the new Bride showing off her bling :)

A close-up of her beautiful ring. Great job Travis!


They were engaged in Epcot, Brittany's favorite place to be.
My friend Carolyn and I threw them an engagement dinner on Saturday night. I have called my friend Carolyn, Bride since she became engaged and have continued it until this day. I don't know what I'm gonna do about that now but it could become confusing lol.


Here we are prepping our food in Carolyn's beautiful new kitchen.


We used her fine china for the first time. We got so fancy with things, it was great!
The boys had a big race earlier that day where they biked, ran and canoed. We knew they would be hungry so we started them off right away with some meats and cheeses.


I am so grateful that we were in this together. I can't imagine making all of this food alone. It was like Thanksgiving.


Bride had this recipe from Sandra Lee's cookbook for filo sticks. They were delicious and don't they look fancy?

We had Brittany's favorite for her - Rosa Regale.


The boys socialized over beer and football in the living room.

And the women socialized over wine in the kitchen. There is much to discuss and plan now.

The happy Fiances.



Bride's gorgeous dinner table.



We had a delicious salad with baked goat cheese to start. Then we had stuffed shells and garlic bread, all made from scratch. For desert, vanilla ice cream topped with fresh whipped cream, blueberries and rasberries.
We were all quite satisfied :)

Congratulations again to the happy couple!


So Sunday, the kids went off to SeaWorld and the Yonfa's and Elmore's went to a Sunday Gospel Brunch at a fabulous place called Bananas.
The Gospel Brunch just happened to be a drag show. We had no idea!

Poor Husband was targeted right away. At first he didn't know what to think.




Hahaha well it was interesting to say the least.
The show was a blast, the food was outstanding and not expensive at all. I had chicken and waffles which were to die for.

Thank you to our hosts, the Yonfas, for the wonderful weekend.
I love my Carolyn Bride!

I hope your weekend was as exciting as mine. Have a great week ya'll!
(All photos by Albert Yonfa)

No comments:

Post a Comment